BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who act as franchisors. A franchisor licenses trademarks, and tried and proven methods of doing business to a franchisee in exchange for a recurring payment, and usually a percentage piece of gross sales or gross profits as well as the annual fees.
Possible Job Titles Include:
● Managing Director
Qualification Packaging Rules
Total number of units = 8
This qualification has no core units.
8 elective units must be selected, of which:
• 4 units must be selected from the Group A units listed below
• 2 units may be additional units from Group A
• 2 units may be selected from the Group B units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level
• if not listed below, one unit may be selected from either a Certificate IV or an Advanced Diploma qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Requirements
On enrolment students complete an LLN Assessment conducted to assist us in identifying a student’s Language, Literacy & Numeracy levels, therefore allowing us to ensure they are enrolled on an appropriate qualification in order to ensure their ability to complete the work required in the enrolled qualification and meet their learning needs. Those who do not have the required LLN Language skills will be assisted where practical however, if their LLN skills are not sufficient to complete the course, they will be referred to a specialist in developing their LLN skills, potentially the TAFE closest to their home or workplace.
Qualification Code: BSB50420
Delivery Mode/s: This qualification is delivered on-the-job, work-based training and/or through correspondence (due to the social distancing rules and impact of COVID-19)
Students for enrolments into this course, under the structure outlined in this TAS are typically individuals who:
● Are existing employees working in a position within the Business Services operation
● May already hold a lower level industry qualification
● Wish to develop their skills to work in the Business Services industry
● Can perform a prescribed range of functions involving:
o Known routines and procedures and some accountability for the quality of outcomes.
o Complex or non-routine activities involving individual responsibility or autonomy and/or collaboration with others as part of a group or team.
● Typically, are over 18 years of age, or wish signed authority for a parent or guardian.
● Come from a variety of vocational and cultural backgrounds
● Speak English or from an English-speaking background but meet the LLN assessed requirements.
Units of Competence Core