BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
Possible Job Titles Include:
- Team leader
- Front line Manager
- Office Manager
Qualification packaging rules
Total number of units = 12
4 core units plus
8 elective units, of which:
- 4 units must be selected from Group A
- 4 units may be additional units selected from Group A or Group B
- 1 unit may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Certificate IV level or above.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Qualification Code: BSB42015
Delivery Mode/s: This qualification is delivered on-the-job, work-based training and/or through correspondence (due to the social distancing rules and impact of COVID-19)
Students for enrolment into this course, under the structure outlined in this TAS are typically individuals who:
- Are existing employees working in a position within a Business operation?
- May already hold a lower level industry qualification.
- Wish to develop their skills to work in the Business industry.
- Can perform a prescribed range of functions involving:
- Known routines and procedures and some accountability for the quality of outcomes.
- Complex or non-routine activities involving individual responsibility or autonomy and/or collaboration with others as part of a group or team.
- Typically, are over 18 years of age, or with signed authority from a parent or guardian.
- Come from a variety of vocational and cultural backgrounds.
- Speak English or from an English-speaking background but meet the LLN assessed requirements.
- Experienced in a prescribed range of functions involving known routines and procedures and are able to take some accountability for the quality of outcomes.
- Experienced individuals working in a Business-related role as a Supervisor or Manager who are responsible for planning work, recommending and monitoring processes and procedures, liaising with customers and operating in a range of situations and environments. .
- This qualification reflects the role of individuals who take the first line of management in a wide range of organisational and industry contexts. They may have existing qualifications and technical skills in any given vocation or profession yet require skills or recognition in supervisory functions. Typically they would report to a manager.
- At this level frontline managers provide leadership and guidance to others and take responsibility for the effective functioning and performance of the team and its work outcomes.
- Experienced in complex or non-routine activities involving individual responsibility or autonomy and/or collaboration with others as part of a group or team.
- Typically employed in their position based on their natural abilities, rather than attaining any formal training in leadership.
- From a wide variety of backgrounds, some will have trade or other technical qualifications, and some will not be from an English speaking background and may have different literacy standards.
- Both men and women, and will be of a wider variety of ages, at least between the ages of 18 and 21 who have used the additional years to develop their natural leadership skills.
This Training Plan Stream has been designed in consultation with our proposed Stakeholders.
It uses the identified Units of Competency for the use by individuals in a Business related role e.g. Supervisors, Team Leaders and Managers.
This tailored stream has been designed to cater to the learner’s specific needs in the industry and in their own job roles.
On enrolment students complete an LLN Assessment conducted to assist us in identifying a student’s Language, Literacy & Numeracy levels, therefore allowing us to ensure they are enrolled in an appropriate qualification in order to ensure their ability to complete the work required in the enrolled qualification and meet their learning needs. Those who do not have the required LLN Language skills will be assisted where practical however, if their LLN skills are not sufficient to complete the course, they will be referred to a specialist in developing their LLN skills, potentially the TAFE closest to their home or workplace.
Units of Competency
Implement operational plan
Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
Lead team effectiveness
Lead effective workplace relationships
Develop work priorities
Show leadership in the workplace
Implement customer service standards
Build client relationships and business networks
Promote innovation in a team environment
Develop teams and individuals
Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
Identify risk and apply risk management processes